How To Write a Great Cover Letter
1. Sell yourself - State your case concisely .
2. Cover letters should be unique for each employer. Always try to address to a person listed in the job description rather than sir or madam.
3. Your letter should be one page in length, 3-4 paragraphs.
4. The first paragraph is your introduction. Briefly tell the employer why you are attracted to the position and their company. If someone personally referred you, now is the time to mention it.
5. The middle paragraph(s) are the heart of your cover letter. This is where you tell the prospective employer exactly why you are right for the job.
6. In the middle paragraph link specific skills or experiences of yours to skills that are listed in their job description. Show why you are a good match for the position.
7. Make the employer feel that you may be the perfect candidate. Make them want to read you resume.
8. In the final paragraph, think closure. Thank the employer for taking the time to read your resume.
9. State that you will follow up with a phone call.
10. End with Sincerely, and your name